Monday, April 17, 2017
While working with the rectangles and triangles I ended up with tiny scraps.
These are the corners I cut off geese blocks. I just lay them on piece of fusible batting. It's just a raw edge pieces.
I was trying to go random but there is still some kind of order in there. There are two pieces of each color :)
I couldn't use all the tiny triangles so these actually went to the bin.
I wanted to take a picture against light but the sun went down faster than I expected. You can see it's not perfect there are tiny gaps. Actual size 7".
A bit of matchstick quilting to keep those scraps in place. It might be mini or mug rug. Just a little side track project.
Linking up with Scraptastic Tuesday and
Friday, April 14, 2017
This cushion cover was on my list since Q4 2016.
Finally I have completed it. You can find my Q2 list here.
I have started this project almost a year ago. Inspired by Paige and her "Positively transparent". I worked with the idea of primary and secondary colors.
The quilting is pretty dense which is cool but not very comfy to lie on. It'll probably be only decorative cushion. Maybe it'll soften up once washed. I haven't washed it yet.
Back side is plain. I like simple hidden zipper.
Everything outside is pretty green. Happy Easter!
Linking up with Finish it up Friday and
Thursday, April 6, 2017
Tuesday, April 4, 2017
Let's choose next OMG goal. I will continue with the theme I started. I'm going to use up all those tiny triangles. I want to have finished projects out of these pieces.
Another pouch in progress? Probably! :)
I'm loving those tiny colorful bits. I'm not able to place them randomly so color order it is.
Last set of triangles. How am I going to put them together? We'll see.
Linking up with:
Friday, March 31, 2017
Let's admit it, I was not very productive during March but I didn't want my OMG goal to fade away. That's why I cut up those partially used squares.
I wanted to make some flying geese so I prepared the rectangles. Two sets of 2.5x1.5". Out of remaining 1.5" strips I prepared some triangles for future use.
Than I pieced the geese with few 1.5" scrappy squares and finally added scrap of little dots. As usually my pouch is sewed out of 1 piece. The size is 7x11".
My cutlery fits just fine in there.
I boxed the corners but only tiny bit. I didn't even cut the triangles off.
Of course I couldn't miss little loop as a handle.
Somehow it's becoming an experiment on how much you can create out of 8 charm squares. Hopefully it'll continue soon...
Linking up with finish it up Friday and more: